Sunday, January 25, 2009

Florence Damask

Entri Come Amici, Vada Come Famiglia
(Enter as Friends, Leave as Family)
Here's the Damask pattern I used on the kitchen wall in my dining area. It is a Florence Damask so it is keeping with the Italian color scheme and decor. The red wall is the same color as the other walls but it is a flat finish. The Damask is a mixture of the same red in high gloss finish and Venetian Gold metallic paint. It is fairly subtle and mostly uses the light to reflect and show the pattern.
For those of you who know me, this wall has been white for about 4 years now. I have finally come to terms with the fact I cannot afford a mural to be painted and I certainly don't have the skills to do it myself. I am however quite pleased with how this turned out!

5 comments:

Tammie Longiotti said...

Amber, that looks really nice. You did a great job! You must be pleased.

The Clarks said...

I have been wondering about your mural (sp) but I like your alternative. I used that gold tint on one of my projects and it makes things look so nice. I bet it is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Whoa! and Wow! That looks AWESOME Amber! Great job. It is B-A-U-TI-FUL.

Brooke - in Oregon said...

It looks sooo good, you did a fantastic job on this. I love how it is so subtle but yet adds soooo much :)

Janie said...

Amber, it's gorgeous!!!!!