Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Change in Plans...

So I called my mom in a little bit of a panic while she was on the plane home from Philadelphia.
While I liked both the Navy and the Brown, they were competing and it was not the soothing and relaxing combination I was hoping for. My panic however was how to choose and what to change it to...
Luckily my mom is awesome and spent the day Saturday helping me even though she had just arrived back in town at 10pm Friday. Below are the swatches of color I used.
Calvary is the navy blue on my walls, Bamboo is the wall color that replaced the brown and Wicker is the ceiling color and will be the trim and accent color. I had white on the ceiling before.
I decided to go with the navy instead of the brown for two main reasons. First, the master bathroom has a blue color scheme and second, I have a lot of other rooms in my house that are brown or a close variation. Plus our quilt that my mother-in-law, Joy, made is blues and greens.
Here's what I will be doing the next couple weekends when I return from Reno. This is the base board, door and window trim and crown molding. Here's a closer look at the crown molding.
That is all for now, I'll update again after I get back from The Body Shop at Home conference in RENO!! I can hardly wait, this is my first conference and I have heard they are amazing!!

3 comments:

Brooke - in Oregon said...

I LOVE the color combo that you came up with. It is so much more calming and relaxing. Plus it will really bring out the wood of your beautiful bed and dresser!

I am going to miss you like crazy but I am so excited for you to go. I can hardly wait to hear all about it!!

But drive SAFE and watch out for deer, especially if you drive early in the morning or late at night.

The Clarks said...

That is so exciting that you are going to the Body Shop convention! Too bad I slacked off on my involvement or we could be meeting up!

I have a light green in my bedroom called "pathway" it is the most relaxing color I have ever had . . . just wanted to throw that in there in case you wanted even more color options on top of your already exploding mind :)

Amber Longiotti said...

I actually considered an olive green momentarily but with the bathroom colors it would have been a disaster! Maybe in one of the other bedrooms as I complete them...